NOTRE DAME DE RIQUER'S PRIORY
Saint Marie's Church was mentioned in papal bulls dated 968 and 1011. At that time, the church depended on the abbey of Saint-Michel-de-Cuxa. The building had to be rebuilt in the 11th century. A person named Bernard bore all expenses. It resulted in a conflict between Bernard, the priests of St.André’s – Catllar and Saint-Michel-de-Cuxa's monks, this conflict was settled by the Bishop of Elne in favor of the order which enabled this church's community to remain under Saint-Michel-de-Cuxa's influence. The church was consecrated on the 3rd of April 1073. The consecration deed recounts this conflict.
The building has undergone few alterations since 1073. The church is decorated with frescoes that are probably dated second half of the 12th century. It can be visited by appointment, the chapel is a historical monument that has been restored and every summer it houses Riquer's Cultural Meetings (concerts, plays, exhibitions ...)